Sligo Volunteer Centre is run by 4 part-time staff.and has the support of a voluntary Board of Management and some regular support volunteers.
The Centre provides a vital link between people interested in volunteering and non-profit groups looking for volunteers, advertising for volunteers on behalf of 300+ non-profit groups in Sligo and referring interested people to these groups.
You can find out about the many ways to volunteer in Sligo town and county.
- Research our database of volunteering opportunities.
- Get advice and support on choosing volunteer opportunities.
- Get general advice on volunteering.
- Attend a one-to-one appointment; a small group information workshop or simply apply on-line and get advice over the phone.
- Our service is free
At Sligo Volunteer Centre, community organisations which involve or need volunteers can….
- Avail of our free service where we promote and advertise your volunteer vacancy through our database website, facebook, and twitter pages, countywide posters and monthly email updates..
- Get quality training about finding, keeping and managing volunteers.
- Get on-going information, advice and support on working with your volunteers.
- Get help in putting your volunteer roles and putting volunteer policies and procedures in place.
- Get support to develop a voluntary Volunteer Coordinator role within your organisation.
- Get a Garda Vetting Service – for organisations who do not have access to their own Authorised Signatory (cost involved)
- Request presentations about volunteering and volunteering opportunities e.g. large corporate organisations or schools or colleges.