Connect, Collaborate and Consult
Sligo PPN is a network of community and voluntary groups based in the county. The purpose of the PPN is to empower and assist groups to participate in local decision making. The PPN is the main way through which the community and Sligo County Council share information.
It does not cost anything to register with the PPN and we encourage all eligible community and voluntary groups to join us.
To fully represent its members, it is important for the PPN to be aware of emerging issues facing the Sligo Community.
Please take this opportunity to let us know the issues that you feel are of collective community concern in the county. These issues will then be considered by the PPN Secretariat and re-directed to the most appropriate decision making body through our PPN Representatives Network.
What you tell us will help inform future planning and policy development and will allow us to work with neighbouring counties to build up a bigger picture of the community and voluntary sector in the North West.
Joining the PPN
What’s in it for you?
- Access to critical information on upcoming funding and grants
- Ability to apply for funding administered by Sligo County Council
- Publicity and Promotion of your group across our network and beyond
- Access to important training opportunities to support you in your work
- Access to information on decisions and proposals being made in Sligo and the ability to comment on and input to them
- Opportunity to network with and learn from other organisations in Sligo
- Opportunity to nominate members to sit on a Board or Committee on behalf of PPN
Latest News & Events
On 14th September 2021, Sligo PPN hosted an information session to help our members learn more about the proposed N17 Knock-Collooney development and to find out how they can inform and engage with the project as it progresses.1 Senior Executive Engineer with Sligo...
Our Rural Future: Minister Humphreys announces €500,000 Awareness Raising Initiative for Social Enterprise (ARISE) Scheme 2021
Our Rural Future: Minister Humphreys announces €500,000 Awareness Raising Initiative for Social Enterprise (ARISE) Scheme 2021 Scheme to increase awareness of social enterprises and their positive impact Minister for Rural and Community Development,...
Minister O’Brien launches a New National Pilot Community Volunteers Programme Initially running in seven counties with ten Volunteer Centres Pilot programme is built on lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic Designed to ensure that communities are better placed...
In December 2020 Sligo PPN hosted an information session in partnership with Sligo County Council regarding the proposed new N17 road development between Knock and Collooney. As you may be aware from local media and other correspondence, the process has since...
Our Rural Future: Minister Humphreys announces over €800,000 in funding for community gardens, outdoor spaces and allotments
Our Rural Future: Minister Humphreys announces over €800,000 in funding for community gardens, outdoor spaces and allotments Some 25 projects nationwide to be funded under 2021 CLÁR Programme Projects include community and sensory gardens, outdoor spaces and...
1. Applicant Organisations Information Note TYESI 2. TYESI Guidance Document 3. TYESI Application Form - MSLETB TARGETED YOUTH EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT INITIATIVE (TYESI) – KEY POINTS Closing date: 12 noon, Friday, 24th September 2021 What is the TYESI? The TYESI...
View which groups are part of the Sligo PPN
The secretariat manage the PPN on your behalf
REPS & COMMITTEES
See how your voice is heard