5 exciting opportunities are NOW OPEN for PPN members to take up seats to represent the Sligo Community.
All nominations close 24th March 2023.
Sligo PPN Secretariat – 3 Seats Available
Strategic Policy Committee 1 : Housing and Corporate – 1 seat Available
Sligo Public Arts Steering Committee – 1 Seat Available
PPN Secretariat : 3 Available Seats
The 3 available seats are:
Sligo / Drumcliff Municipal District Seat – 1 Seat Available
(only open to members registered in the Sligo/Drumcliff MD- from any college)
Sligo / Strandhill Municipal District Seat – 1 Seat Available
(only open to members registered in the Sligo/Strandhill MD – from any college)
Community & Voluntary Seat – 1 Seat Available
(only open to members registered in the Community & Voluntary College across any MD)
Some of the roles of the Secretariat are to;
- Help put operational decisions of the Plenary in place.
- Make sure that the PPN is working properly in between Plenaries on behalf of the Member Groups.
- Organise or help to organise the PPN activities on behalf of the Member Groups.
- Communicate regularly with all PPN Members and share information about all PPN activities as widely as possible.
- Keep correct, up to date, records of PPN business, including minutes of meetings and make sure agendas are circulated in good time.
- Be a point of contact for the PPN for the Local Authority, Department of Rural and Community Development, other PPNs, the National Advisory Group and other stakeholders of the PPN.
- Deal with all correspondence on behalf of PPN, by sending out copies and writing responses.
- Facilitate and enable the PPN Workers in their day to day activities to deliver objectives of the PPN.
To meet existing Secretariat members go to: https://www.sligoppn.com/ppn-secretariat/
To nominate, please complete the form : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SligoPPNsecretariat2023
Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) 1 : Housing and Corporate
1 available seat – Environment College Seat (only open to members of the PPN Environment College)
To find out more about SPCs go to – https://www.sligococo.ie/YourCouncil/CommitteesForums/StrategicPolicyCommitteesSPCs/
To nominate, please complete the form : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SligoPPNSPC2023
Public Arts Steering Committee
1 available seat – open to any college
PASC Terms of Reference:
- To develop a Commissions Plan for County Sligo for a period of 3-5 years. The plan will set out how the Per Cent for Art Scheme funding will be allocated and identify the number and type of commissions that will be developed.
- To appoint selectors who will select artists by assessing their artwork proposals.
- To approve the contracting of curators or mediators should they be required.
To nominate, please complete the form ; https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SligoPPNPASC