The Department of Rural and Community Development has announced details of a further €1.7 million fund being provided by the Government to support community and voluntary groups to deal with COVID-19. This is in addition to the initial €2.5 million provided in April 2020.
The fund will be administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area. The allocation to Sligo LCDC is €44,543.
- 30% of this will be ring fenced to provide small grants of up to €1,000 (category 1)
- The balance will support larger projects and initiatives (category 2)
The grants under this fund to assist local community and voluntary groups to either
- To adapt their services and operations to fit the new COVID-19 reality.
- To become more involved in the Government’s ‘Keep Well’ campaign. The grants are aimed at assisting participation in the campaign, in particular with the three themes: staying connected, switching off and being creative, and minding your mood.
- The grants may also be provided for continued support costs for groups involved in the community call
Completed application forms and accompanying documentation will be accepted only via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and by the closing date of Friday 12th February 2021 at 4pm.
However, applicants in respect of Category 2 grants must discuss the nature of their application with LCDC support staff prior to submitting their application. To arrange same, please contact Jude Mannion on email@example.com. These discussions must take place at least 2 full working days prior to submitting the application.